How to achieve your perfect smile makeover?
FOR DR.ROZE BIOHEALTH CLINICS | 06.06.2022
The search for improved dentofacial esthetics persists in modern society. Patients were inspired by pretty faces and beautiful smiles and they sought treatment modalities to improve dentofacial aesthetics and yield positive changes in their smiles. Deciding to change your imperfections is your right to beauty.
To help you to achieve it, the following steps will give you an idea on how we create your ideal radiant smile.
1/- Initial Consultation
First and the most important step in creating your future smile. This is the time when we listen to your concerns and chief complaints, thorough medical and dental examination, proper radiographs and evaluation of the muscles and temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
2/- Records taking and documentation
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, it is essential to have a proper documentation to achieve proper diagnosis and predictable results. That includes; Photo, videos, Optical and conventional impressions and facebow. All of this information is essential to help us evaluate, review, plan and thus, treat you appropriately and effectively.
3/- Digital Smile Design and Mock-up
- After taking some records, such as digital images and study models, we now proceed in designing your future new smile. Using the best technology in the market, we can show the result before even starting the treatment. We call it Digital Smile Design.
- Once the DSD is finished, we send it to the lab where they build up the computer design in wax following the plan that was made.
- The mock-up is a prototype of our digital smile design. With the mock-up in your mouth, we will be able to check for the esthetics and function. We evaluate the integration of our design with the rest of the face. In addition, we also focus our attention on the harmony of the full face and then the smile.
Commonly ask questions:
- Can we transfer the digital smile design into your mouth?
- Yes we can. We will transfer the computer design into your mouth. Once is in place, we will check if our design is in harmony with the rest of the face, doing any adjustments directly in the mouth if needed.
- How can mock-up benefit me?
- You will be able to see the final result in your mouth without preparing your teeth. We can change the designs as many times as you need. Take note that we will not start your smile makeover until we are happy with our designs.
4/- Teeth preparation
Meticulous planning and collaborative effort between you, our expert cosmetic dentists and master ceramists. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry when it comes to prepping your teeth. In this step, our dentist will remove some structures of your teeth, reshape your teeth surface which is an amount nearly equal to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface. This requires numbing for you to have a pleasant time during this process. Next, your dentist will make a model or impression of the prepped teeth. This impression will be sent to our in-house laboratory and will be used by our master ceramist to fabricate your customized veneers.
5/- In House laboratory fabrication
Using the impression and model as a guide, our master ceramist sculpts and creates an extremely beautiful and natural looking final restorations. We have an excellent in-house master ceramist that transforms your ideal smile into reality. Morevover, our in-house laboratory is equipped with modern machinery and only uses the highest quality porcelain material that can be found in the market.
Commonly ask questions:
- What is a Veneers?
- A veneer is a layer of material placed over a tooth, covering only the front surface either to improve the aesthetics of a tooth or to protect the tooth’s surface from damage.
- Are your veneers 100% customized?
- We fabricate our veneers in our own laboratory. Our master ceramist works in every single tooth, building up layer by layer and transferring the agreed digital designs into reality.
- In our clinic, we always do a trial cementation to get your final approval. Surprisingly this is a step that is usually not done elsewhere and produce a lot of unhappy patients.
- Once ok’d by you, we go through numerous detailed steps, paying a lot of attention to details, to get excellent results with immaculate bond strength.
- This step is very technique sensitive.
- Knowing which cement and bonding agents to use ensures future stability and increase longevity of the restorations.
7/- Final adjustments and delivery of occlusal guards
- Our protocol is after the case is cemented; we ask you to return in one week. This is just long enough for you to adjust to the new smile.
- As this stage, if necessary, we can do some minor final adjustments to optimize the esthetics of final restorations.
- Also, final bite evaluation is done to make sure the esthetics are harmonious with your jaw movement and speech.
- Moreover, in all cases, night guards or vacuum retainers are recommended to preserve the alignment of the new smile and to avoid excessive bite pressure.
8/- Follow Up
It is important after you have spent your time improving your smile that you maintain the amazing results. These are some general rules to follow:
- Attend regular visits to your cosmetic dentist for cleanings and dental follow up every 3-6 months.
- Maintain good daily oral health habits at home with regular brushing and flossing.
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste especially if you have dental veneers to aid against scratching the surface of dental restorations.
- Avoid certain mouthwashes as they can damage the bond used to hold dental veneers, fillings, and crowns.
- Avoid eating hard, sticky substances or chewing on ice which can damage certain tooth restorations.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
You have undeniably aware of the importance of preserving your health and the essence of a body and mind balance. The growing emphasis on well-being, organic foods and our energies are hot topics in today’s health field. Let us help you keep up-to-date with news from doctors, patients, nurses and nutrition, sports and lifestyle specialists.