The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is a complex joint connecting the jawbone and the skull. It plays an important role in the movement of the jaw and is often associated with neck pain and headaches.
ORAL SURGERY AND IMPLANTOLOGY
Dental implants are artificial teeth that are placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
With attentive patient maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime.
They are completely secure and will allow you to speak and eat again with comfort and confidence.
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is one who is in good general and oral health. Adequate bone in the jaw is needed to support the implant as well as healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease.
What are the benefits of having DENTAL IMLANTS?
- You will look younger due to maintaining the structure of your face.
- You will be able to chew and speak properly.
- Dental implants act to preserve the integrity of the jaw as chewing stimulates the bone to keep it strong.
- Dental implants can help to reduce the possibility of gum disease and infection.
- Your teeth stay in place and can last a life-time.
- More affordable and natural replacement than a dental bridge
Why dental implants at Dr. Roze BioHealth Clinics?
- At our clinic, every member of our team is a specialist, which means we only expect the best from our team. Implantology is a specific field of dentistry that requires great skill, education and practice which is why our implant team is highly qualified and educated in this area of dentistry.
- We have performed hundreds of dental implant procedures at the clinic since the founding in 2013, and we are proud to say, we are among the leading providers and referral clinics of ceramic dental implants in Dubai today.
- We also believe in using only the latest in state-of-the-art technology – image guided implant surgery — to offer you the most precise and accurate procedures, efficient treatments and reduced surgical time.
EVOLUTION IN IMPLANT DENTISTRY
1. What is a computer-guided implant surgery ?
At Dr. Roze BioHealth clinics, we use computer-guided surgery to ensure maximum effectiveness of dental implant placement. Guided surgery is a process of planning the implant surgery using a computer, a CT image and surgical guide technology.
Surgical guides are the latest advancement in dental implant technology. The use of surgical guides allows us to place the dental implant accurately, precisely and in the ideal position in the bone to increase aesthetics and functionality of your new implants.
What are the benefits of using a computer-guided implant surgery?
- Precise and accurate dental implant placement. CT scans are taken of the jaw and used to create 3D images. A specialised computer programme uses these images to create a perfect surgical template that we can use to determine the optimal locations for dental implant placement.
- Reducing the risks. Because we can see the entire structure of the jaw, teeth and bone computer-guided implant surgery allows us to assess exactly where the dental implant should be placed.
- Eliminating the need for sutures. With computer-guided surgery, we can do implants without surgical flaps which are small incisions in the gum tissue. With this new technology, we do not need to see the bone specifically to give us the correct placement for the dental implant.
- Reducing actual surgical time. The procedure can be completed faster than traditional dental implant surgery because we create a surgical template on the computer and we can have all the information we need right in front of us.
- Better patient understanding. The images that we create with the computer-guided technology allow us to easily explain the process to you and allow you to follow the procedure from start to finish.
2. Oral surgery and wisdom teeth
At Dr. Roze BioHealth clinics, we provide safe and effective oral surgical procedures. We are one of the top referral clinics in Dubai – trusted by our colleagues to treat their clients exceptionally.
Our clinic is fitted with state-of-the-art equipment and staff are trained with the latest methods in dental surgery. It is also very important to us that training of our team goes further than just learning the job. Our team is instructed on a regular basis with specialists and additional education – to help you feel relaxed, calm, comfortable and assured in our care.
Oral surgical restorative and cosmetic procedures can include:
- Dental implants, Computer-guided Surgery (link)
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Dental bone grafting
- Jaw-related problems
3. Wisdom teeth Removal
Your wisdom teeth, or third molars, are the last set of teeth to develop. Sometimes they erupt from the gums and your mouth is able to accommodate them, but most of the time there is not enough room for them in your mouth. If your wisdom teeth are unable to erupt through the gum line properly they become impacted between the jawbone and the gum tissue.
Impacted wisdom teeth can result in swelling, pain or infection of the gum tissue, or in more serious cases, cause damage or movement to nearby teeth and gums. If you have any pain or swelling around the wisdom teeth or this area, we may recommend that impacted wisdom teeth are surgically removed.
4. Dental Bone Grafting
A dental bone graft procedure may be the best way to restore bone material before placing a dental implant. Often in the area of missing teeth, there can be significant hard and soft tissue loss. The procedures vary and involve filling the socket with bone or bone substitute material to re-build the area and give a strong foundation for the dental implant.
5. Ceramic Implants
At Dr. Roze BioHealth and BioDental Clinics, we are not only specialists in dental implants but work towards helping you to maintain your excellent oral as well as general health. Having a healthy body is simultaneous with having a healthy mouth and will help you recover better and faster from any surgical procedure. Our deontology as biological dentists leads us to prefer ceramic implants to titanium for the following reasons that will be explained to you in detail during your appointment.
Benefits our of ceramic dental implants:
Ceramic dental implants are more aesthetically-pleasing due to their gorgeous white and smooth finish. This creates a seamless look in the mouth for a more uniform smile. The zirconia also stays white despite being in a patient’s mouth for years.
- Better Bond with Bone
Overall osseointegration with the bone has been found to either be similar to or better than titanium implants when using ceramic. This is ideal for patients who have had failed implants and need a more stable solution to their oral health needs.
- Helps with Plaque Accumulation
Due to its smooth finish, ceramic implants inhibit the adhesion of plaque and bacteria, lending to a healthier smile and mouth. This prevents failure of the implant due to bacteria and inflammation.
- High Endurance
When it concerns ceramic vs metal, ceramic has a higher endurance rate than titanium. These implants can endure up to 150 pounds of force before fracturing and cracking, which is highly beneficial to people of all ages and sizes.
- No Allergic Reactions
Some patients have an allergy to titanium and unfortunately, it is not uncommon for surgeons to find out about this allergy until a titanium implant has been placed. Because zirconia is a clean and metal-free option, it is ideal for patients with allergies and for surgeons who are looking to prevent potential allergic reactions in patients.
- Biocompatible and Metal-Free
Many patients are concerned about putting metal in their mouths and are looking to switch to more natural dental prosthetics. Ceramic implants do not contain metal and are free of allergens, providing a more biological approach to replacing missing teeth.
- No Corrosion
Titanium implants can and will eventually corrode, causing major dental complications within the mouth decades after they have been placed. Corrosion of titanium implants can cause bone loss, infection and severe inflammation of the surrounding gum tissue. Because of their metal-free design, ceramic implants will not corrode over time and are meant to last for decades.
Because of the implant’s non-polar structure, bacteria will not adhere onto the zirconia implant as it would on titanium. This creates a healthier implant option for the mouth without the fear of bacterial growth underneath the gums.
- Non-Heat Conductive
Unlike metal, ceramic implants do not conduct heat. Titanium can and will conduct as well as hold onto heat, which could damage surrounding tissue. Once the zirconia implant has been placed, the tissue around the implant can heal and will remain unaffected.
- Preserves Bone
Titanium has been shown to cause peri-implant bone loss in those who have had implants placed. Ceramic implants, on the other hand, do not cause this bone loss and are more ideal for long-term surgical use.
Ceramic implant margins are placed at the gum line, whereas titanium is placed underneath the gum line. This above gum level option helps the patient to keep the implant cleaner and preserves healthy surrounding gum tissue as a result of better oral hygiene.
- No Metallic Taste
Titanium is a metal that can cause corrosion and oxidation, resulting in a metallic taste in the mouth for your patients. Zirconia is clean and free of metal, preventing that unpleasant metallic taste after implantation has been complete.
- Happier Patients
Ceramic implants require very little healing time, are cleaner and whiter looking as well as being better for patients’ overall oral health. Because of this, implant procedures using this material results in happier patients with fewer recovery problems.
What is the certification CleanImplant?
Exclusive. Ethical. Exemplary:
- The non-profit Organization CleanImplant Foundation, founded 2017 in Berlin, performs one of the largest independent quality assessments of dental implants with the aim to promote the highest quality of medical devices. Recent studies reveal again a disturbing percentage of low quality products on the dental implant market.
- The CleanImplant database is steadily updated and constantly growing. We share these sensible data and certify dental professionals committed to science, independent testings and high quality dentistry.
- Not only all of our two ceramic implants are « trusted quality mark » by cleanimplant, but Doctor David Roze himself is a fellow member of the foundation and a CleanImplant Certified Dentist.
6. Titanium Implant versus Ceramic Implant
Temporomandibular joint and its connection with Neck Pain: Decoding Cervicogenic Headaches
Unlock a Pain-Free Life – How Dr. Roze Biohealth Clinic Can Help You Overcome Back Pain
At Dr. Roze Biohealth Clinic, we understand the importance of unlocking a pain-free life. Our team of experts are dedicated to helping you overcome back pain and live a life of comfort and ease. We specialize in providing comprehensive treatments that are tailored to your individual needs.
What’s the Connection Between Neck Pain and TMJ Disorders?
Neck pain can be a bothersome and persistent issue, affecting a significant portion of the population. For many, it's a daily struggle, impacting their quality of life and productivity.
Which Roles Does Hydroxyapatite Play in Dental Health?
When it comes to dental health, we often think about brushing, flossing, and regular check-ups with the dentist. But have you ever wondered about the unsung hero in your teeth, hydroxyapatite?
Dental Implants and Psoriatic Arthritis: Key Considerations
Dental health and overall well-being are closely intertwined, and this relationship becomes even more critical when considering the impact of systemic conditions like Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) on your oral health.
Vagus Nerve: The Gut-Brain Axis Connection
The vagus nerve is a key part of the gut-brain axis, linking the digestive system to the brain. It's the longest cranial nerve, stretching from the brainstem to the abdomen. This nerve facilitates communication between the gut and the brain, enabling information exchange.
We make excellence a habit
Since 2013, the Dr. Roze BioHealth Clinics has been affiliated to the most prestigious institutions in the field.