All you ever wanted to know about how to whiten teeth:
FOR DR.ROZE BIOHEALTH CLINICS | MONDAY April 11th, 2022
Nowadays, teeth whitening is very popular with people of all ages. Everyone wants that dazzling “Hollywood smile.”But with so many products and services on the market, how do you know which is best for you?
Really, the best place to start is to talk to your dentist or hygienist about which method of whitening will work with your gums and teeth colour and type. You can then decide which products will fit both your mouth and your budget. At Dr.Roze BioHealth Clinics, we believe the best teeth whitening procedures not only give you a beautiful smile, but contain safe ingredients, healthy methods and are enamel-safe.
So…what’s out there and where to begin? Here is a list of products and procedures available to you from the most to the least effective in whitening teeth.
1/- Professional Whitening Procedure
Overall, the most effective method of teeth whitening is done professionally. In the clinic you are in a safe environment with a professional doing the job and it is quick and efficient. You can also get shades lighter that may not be achieved with home methods.
At Dr. Roze BioHealth Clinics we use the Flash method of teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide gel because it is highly effective and fits to our standards of safe, non-invasive dentistry. However, although the Flash method has awesome results, some people may be deterred from professional whitening due to the costs and find the home kits more attractive.
2/- Professional Home Whitening
The take-home kit provided by your dentist is the best home teeth whitening procedure. These kits apply professional tooth whitening gel to your teeth using custom-made dental bleaching trays (like mouthguards). And because the gel is administered by a dental professional, it can be stronger than the over-the-counter whitening products. You will need to visit your dentist to have the trays created for you, then you can use them any time.
- Snow® at-home teeth whitening kit – is a consumer on-line-available kit with whitening serum and LED light mouth guard. It is relatively new to the market and has been very popular.
- Crest whitening strips – are a 2-week programme of plastic strips containing whitening gel that you apply directly onto the front of your top and bottom teeth and leave for 30 minutes. Many people see brighter results when these strips are used for the full programme.
- Teeth whitening pen – have the same active ingredients as the strips but you paint it onto your teeth. You need to be careful as there is nothing to protect the gel from rubbing or washing off. You do not need to keep the gel on as long as with the strips to be effective.
- Boom charcoal tabs – contain powdered activated charcoal and gunpowder tea and are chewed roughly then brushed onto teeth. These can be used any time and are effective for getting rid of some stains.
- Whitening toothpaste – There are many toothpastes on the market that claim to whiten teeth through constant use. We have found that most of the top brands do brighten teeth to some degree. They work using a slightly abrasive ingredient to help remove stains and a low-grade hydrogen peroxide.
You can use one or a combination of these methods to whiten your teeth to the shade that you desire. By taking the time to learn about you as an individual, your needs and your wishes, the professionals at Dr. Roze BioHealth Clinics can help you decide the best products and procedures for whitening your smile.