- 4 tablespoons Calcium Carbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2.5 teaspoon Distilled Water
- 1–2 drops Anise Essential Oil
- 1 capsule Hyperbiotics PRO-Kids (crushed)
- Xylitol (2 tablespoons plus 1 additional teaspoon)
- Mix in a bowl the calcium carbonate, the xylitol, the baking soda and the optional probiotic with a fork until they are thoroughly combined
- Add water to form a paste, incorporating all the liquids
- Slowly add the coconut oil while mixing the paste vigorously
- Add the anise essential oil and mix until smooth and no lumps remain
- Paste should be smooth, creamy and closely resemble the consistency of commercial toothpaste. (Feel free to mix in a food processor if necessary, in order to achieve the desired consistency.)
Store in a glass jar or refillable squeeze tube. Keep out only what you’ll use within 5-7 days and store the rest in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. For kids who have a hard time changing routines, add a small amount of the DIY toothpaste to their brush along with the toothpaste they are used to. Gradually increase the amount of the DIY toothpaste while decreasing the amount of the commercial paste.
We make excellence a habit
Since 2013, the Dr. Roze BioHealth Clinics has been affiliated to the most prestigious institutions in the field.